Written by Hannah Conlin
To say 2015 was a record-breaking year would be an understatement. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® shattered records across the board, hit the highest revenue month in system history, and introduced a variety of new tools and resources for franchise use. Overall, it surely was a phenomenal year and follows consecutive years of momentum built by the system.
Franchises experienced many changes, updates, and new projects, resulting in shared learning and noted areas for improvement; however, from these hurdles, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® continued to expand and thrive, resulting in a record-breaking year of growth and success. The system is concluding with 72 months of record growth, more than $400 million in revenue, a 95.04 percent customer referral rate, and a 4.72 satisfaction rate.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has grown and thrived, as a system, since the housing crisis of 2008/2009. The company has gone through tremendous change yet the results continue to show progress as a brand. Over this period, results are impressive compared to the industry, franchising concepts, and many companies of similar size.
As we enter 2016 and reflect on 2015, we remember the achievements of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®:
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® expanded into its 39th state with the opening of the Sioux Falls, S.D. franchise.
- The annual Career Move Month campaign hit record numbers. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® exceeded their amount of hire goals during the third annual Career Move Month, with 1,209 hires for the month of March 2015. Additionally, the system attracted 8,748 applicants.
- The 2015 Movers for Moms® campaign gathered an incredible 230,000 items for moms across the country, increasing the donation items collected last year.
- Franchise Business Review ranked TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® as one of the 50 Multi-unit Franchises for 2015. This was TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®’s 10th year in a row earning high rankings in the Franchise Business Review.
- We celebrated the 5.5 millionth move by donating $550 to a TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® customer.
- The first-ever Mary Ellen’s Moving People Forward® scholarship program concluded in September 2015, naming Randi Bloodworth as the winner and TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®’s newest franchisee. Bloodworth is expected to open the new Pearland, Texas, franchise in March 2016.
- The Canadian franchises achieved a nine percent growth and increased their referral rate from 92.43 percent in 2014 to 94.16 percent in 2015. In addition, Canada opened two new territories this past year.
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® celebrated its 30th anniversary. Thirty years ago Founder Mary Ellen Sheets took the plunge to start a local moving company with the assistance of her two teenage sons, a moving company that would later turn into an internationally-franchised system with more than 340 locations world-wide.
- Twenty-two new locations opened across the country.
- Every TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® franchise dedicated countless hours to giving back to their local communities and helping others across the country, truly living out our core value.
Goodbye 2015 and hello 2016! Another record-breaking year being projected with 18 percent growth, 30 new locations, and exceeding a 96.5 percent referral rate!
Visit franchise.twomenandatruck.com to learn more about franchising opportunities. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Let us move your career forward. Consider investing in us and becoming a franchisee today!