Written by Jessy Howe
Welcoming in a New Year is often seen as a fresh start for self-improvement in your personal life as well as an opportunity to accomplish new business goals in the year ahead. As we are now halfway into January, personal New Year’s resolutions are in full swing! Many are doing their best to stick to their goals, whether that be to eat better or make visiting family a bigger priority.
Even if you don’t make New Year’s resolutions in your personal life, in business it is crucial, and motivating, to lay out goals early. At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®, we focus on our 2018 vision to guide us forward as a system of one.
“As a new year is upon us I believe it’s very important to step back and assess progress, failures, and opportunities from the previous year, but not spend too much time there,” said TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® President Randy Shacka. “We instead look toward the future and our 2018 vision we wrote three years ago and focus on working backwards on what needs to get done in 2016 to continue to build upon the strong brand.”
If your business would benefit from ramping up recruiting efforts or becoming more involved in your community, now is the time to make it happen!
We spoke with some of our TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® franchisees to see what their New Year’s business resolutions are for 2016!
Jeremy Brown, franchisee of Delaware South, Del.
- To develop a much stronger presence in the local communities within our marketing territory, both through an improved effort in giving back to the community, and through a much better grassroots and networking effort.
- To position ourselves, both from a personnel and resource perspective, to open two satellite offices in early 2017.
Chris Kavanagh, franchisee of Roanoke, Va.
- To double last year’s Movers for Moms®
Roger Boyer, franchisee of Columbia, S.C.
- To get our customer referral rating up to 97 percent.
- To run 30 trucks by summer.
- To finish in the system’s top 10 in gross revenue for sales this year.
Below are a few resolutions to implement in your business to keep you ahead of the competition!
- Evaluate your mission statement – With your ever-evolving business, take a moment to review your mission statement and ensure it is still in line with your overall brand and business goals.
- Invest in technology – Check up on everything from computers to high-speed Internet. Do away with outdated technology and upgrade to more efficient and effective tools, programs, and hardware to benefit your business and customers.
- Network – Integrate your business into the community you serve by becoming a member of community organizations, attending beneficial events, or by hosting your own professional social event.
- Plan ahead – Mark your calendar months in advance with all the upcoming important dates. Staying organized will only help with all that will happen in the year ahead!
- Listen – Use the resources around you. Ask for feedback from your employees, advisors, and customers. The various perspectives will help you improve your business in multiple areas and they will appreciate your sincere consideration of their opinion.
If you’re still having a difficult time thinking of business resolutions, the web can provide a wealth of additional ideas. Sites such as USA Today have great lists to build upon.
“Having a vision is powerful and helps paint a clear picture of what life looks like within our business down the road and for 2016,” said Shacka. “We are very excited for another record-breaking year that helps propel the brand forward through focusing on our customers, our people, and our communities.”
Visit franchise.twomenandatruck.com to learn more about franchising opportunities. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Let us move your career forward. Consider investing in us and becoming a franchisee today!