Written by Jessy Howe
The TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® system traveled to Austin, Texas February 29 – March 2 to celebrate what is perhaps the most beloved event of the year, our company Annual Meeting. As nearly 500 franchisees, franchise team members, and Home Office staff arrived at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, we couldn’t help but feel excited for the three-day event filled with networking, education, and plenty of celebration.
There were many highlights of the meeting, which was a hit with attendees this year.
- Pastor Coye Bouyer kicked off day one of Annual Meeting with a prayer breakfast, a truly inspiring and motivating message as the system celebrates 2015 wins and looks ahead to 2016.
- The founding family was welcomed to the stage to celebrate all of 2015’s wins, in addition to the company’s 30th anniversary last year. Founder Mary Ellen Sheets, Chair Melanie Bergeron, Executive Chairman Brig Sorber, and Executive Vice President Jon Sorber reminisced on the last 30 years sharing trials and tribulations, their fondest memories, and a few funny moments in between.
- CEO Jeff Wesley, President Randy Shacka, and COO Jon Nobis took the stage and welcomed attendees with the state of the system. In 2015, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® saw 17% growth, and as of the end of the year, has continued success with 73 consecutive months of growth and 57 record growth months in addition to hitting $3 billion in all times sales last March. With the overarching theme of opportunity throughout the meeting, President Randy Shacka posed the question, “How can we go from good to great, and provide more opportunity for our people?” He concluded by encouraging each employee to stay committed to being the best they can be each and every day.
- CEO Jeff Wesley, President Randy Shacka, and COO Jon Nobis discussed competition in depth and noted that although the company has achieved record success, it is important to stay innovative and focus on customers and overall growth as we look to maintain and expand our position.
- During day two, attendees took advantage of several opportunities including education sessions on a variety of topics and roundtable discussions with subject matter experts.
- Following a full day of learning, attendees let loose and had some fun meeting a number of our incredible vendors, making funny faces in the photo booth, and even winning some prizes during the Vendor Marketplace.
- Annual Meeting guests were honored to have keynote speaker and decorated, retired Navy SEAL Jocko Willinck speak on the topic of extreme ownership.
First-time Annual Meeting attendee and Norfolk, Va., Location Manager Ashley Mancuso was very pleased with the sessions and educational opportunities she was able to partake in during the day.
“Being a newer location manager, and having a background mostly in sales, I was able to participate in quite a bit of operational topics to become more familiar with that aspect,” said Mancuso.
During the third and final day, additional education sessions were presented providing several opportunities to sharpen skills and grow attendees’ knowledge base.
Pam Runyon of the Lorain/Medina, Ohio location, will return home with many takeaways for the franchise team to implement.
“Overall I really liked the classes and learning what others in the room had to say,” Runyon said. “I was really impressed by the willingness of people in my sessions to share ideas. Everyone wants to help one another out for the better of the brand.”
Annual Meeting concluded with the awards night ceremony honoring many franchises and team members in the system based on their accomplishments and milestones achieved in 2015. Awards presented include The Founder’s Award, Significant Service Awards, Safety Award, Highest Gross Revenue Award, Move Hero Award, Frontline MVP Award, among many more.
“Through alignment and hard work, 2015 blessed us again with a rewarding and successful year,” said Chief Executive Officer Jeff Wesley. “Congratulations again to our system for the record-breaking success and partnering to build the brand.”
It’s safe to say this was an Annual Meeting to be remembered. As we continue throughout 2016, we already anticipate the memories to be made at our 2017 meeting in beautiful Colorado Springs!
As the nation’s first and largest franchised moving company, we’ve learned how to help franchises thrive. Considering investing in us and becoming a franchisee today! Visit franchise.twomenandatruck.com to learn more about franchising opportunities at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®!